February 13, 2013

Spirit NOPEdown

Welcome, true believers (?) -- I come bearing fantastic news!  There’s no Spirit Showdown post this week!

Yeah…I’ve been thinking about it for a while, and I’m thinking that I’ll compress the final three Showdown posts into one.  It just seems like the right thing to do -- you know, a sort of “Cross-Up Special Event!” that’ll make some pretty big quakes across the site.  Chances are it’ll be something along the lines of what I did for the Majora’s Mask posts…even though that was infinitely more work than I would have liked and I hate myself for it and I promised myself I’d never do it again. 

But whatever.  What’s important is that the next Showdown post will show up a few weeks from now -- and if I can pull together something nice, I SHOULD be able to justify both the wait and the “special event” status.  Hopefully, MS Paint will continue to serve me well…but in the meantime, there are still a good dozen posts for you to read over if you so deign.  Let that tide you over.

So that’s where we are on that.  So if you’re one of the eight people that care about the Showdown, hang tight.  If you don’t, then this should be fantastic news -- along with the fact that I’ve got some very interesting posts planned.  One of them might be up as early as tomorrow.  And another one may very well involve a certain transporter…

2 comments:

  1. Might want to hold off on that "niiice" until the finished product comes around. I can't promise a masterpiece, but as a wise man once said (before leaving behind the company he once supported), "there are going to be some fireworks."



    By the way, I haven't forgotten about our collaboration. Ignoring the fact that there have been some interruptions on my end (i.e. circumstances that led me to watch bad Nicolas Cage movies), I've been thinking up some ideas on my end. Problem is, I've gone through about five concepts without being satisfied.


    But I think I might FINALLY have an idea worth putting forward. So hopefully, I'll be able to nail something substantial pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete